.

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Ask Me: Poem Analysis Essay

This is one of my favorite poems as it has allowed me to relate in so numerous ways when it comes to sprightliness. All through my life there hold been umpteen ups and downs, and many people that ready come and gone still no matter what the series of events that I submit come across have made me who I am today. There have been many people that have played important roles in my life precisely as William Stafford entails people willing come and go and people will play all large-hearteds of roles in your life. When people pick out inquiries from me whether I would pretend anything in my life back if i had a chance, I result with no since the people I have been involved with and the blunders I have made shaped who I am today.The poem is written in the future tense from the first person perception of I. This is elan isvery unlike from other poets. Stafford reaches discover to audiences in the first line with the speech read me. Stafford writes of a future occasion when que stions will be asked of him. It begins with a dialogue between the orator and another person. We have no intellect to believe that the orator is not Stafford himself. The other person could be the audience, only if sounds more like a close companion or at least somebody who knows him well.The poem begins Some time when the river is shabu ask me mistakes I have made. solicit me what I have done in my life.(Stafford) In these two sentences, he brings in two things first, what the poem is regarding (his life), and second gear the main metaphor (the river iced over).For the rest of the first stanza he talks of the final result other people have had whether good or bad. Or sensibly he is asking the listener to ask him which is odd since the second verse begins I will pay attention to what you say (Stafford). The second stanza reddens out the metaphor of the ice-covered river. That while it looks immobile whats beneath is a different story We know the current is there, concealed a nd there atomic number 18 comings and goings from miles onwardThe river in the rhyme, for Stafford, as it has been for many poets although the ages, is an image and metaphor for the orators life. Fascinatingly in an interview, when he is talking about himself he make use of the same imageI keep noteing this kind of concealed river of my life, you know, whatever the subject or impulse which comes, I follow it along gullibly (Stafford).And I dont have any penetration of its coming to a sort of upsurge, or of its petering out either. The poem is precept that there is a difference to be made, between how immobile and dovish the ice-covered river may look on the facade this could be how human beings remembers their life, a sequence of actions and events frozen in recall. And what is beneath, that actions and blunders cannot be seen in isolation, but are managed and influenced by events and people. In the same way the path of a river is influenced by things that govern its course.St afford gives us the eventual life lesson concealed deep down lifes blunders. We all ask ourselves and others as well if our choices are slip-ups. notwithstanding in reality no choice in life is a slip-up, but an example in which we learn from. You will always have people within your life that are there to upset you or help you, but in the end what is done is your option. We as domain are not ideal and shouldnt hide behind the ice for the mistakes we have made, for in our life is already planned out for us its our choice on what road to take. Stafford gives us encouragement within his rhyme permitting us to see ourselves for who we are and not what we do.Work citedStafford, William. Ask Me. Gioia, X. J. Kennedy and Dana. Literature. New York Pearson, 2010. 643. Book

No comments:

Post a Comment